Total Pageviews

Boring Boring Oilers

I'm bored. I used to be a big fan of this team, too.  

But it's too much. 

Maybe I need to jump on the bandwagon of a real hockey team, like the Bruins. I spent my first time in college in Boston, unfortunately I left town before the hockey got going. I did become a Red Sox fan though.

I'd love to be a bandwagon NY Ranger fan. Unfortunately that team doesn't blow as much as those glorious 6 or so seasons prior to the lockout, and it has too many holes to win the cup come next spring. So, fuck that.

There is always les habitats. I'll probably take a wait and see attitude with them, to see if they at least make the semis. First and 2nd round exits aren't my bandwagon style and something tells me the habs are doomed yet again, despite their so-called century of excellence, which has been gone for the past 25 years.

I remember in 1990 thinking that the Oilers were about to do what the Red Wings keep doing....that is, rebuild on the fly. That kid line of Graves, Gelinas and Murphy was awesome every time it hit the ice. With Messier and Kurri, Anderson, and others, the future looked pretty well set.

No comments: